Tuesday, June 26, 2007

'Be careful' taking advice

Two days ago, I had a stamping class at our house. As usual, I was hurrying to get my supplies prepared and the house presentable. In the midst of the chaos I remembered a 'tip' for cleaning up in a hurry--if you have dishes on the counter, just stick them in the oven. "Brilliant! That will save me from having to unload and load the dishwasher!" I stuck them in and forgot all about them, literally.

(since it's Summer, we rarely bake)

Fast forward to today--I had made lunch for the boys and was anticipating my own lunch of leftovers from our date last night, so I started the oven. About 10 minutes later, the boys were done and tearing through the house and I saw that I hadn't put in my lunch yet. I opened the oven and...you guessed, there were my dishes!--all nice and 'toasty.' There were some Pfaltzgraft dishes, a soup pot, a casserole dish, and a big rubbermaid bowl. Which one do you think couldn't take the heat?! I REALLY wish we had a digital camera so I could show you the result of baking a plastic bowl. Anyone have a advice for getting melted plastic off your oven??

No comments: